Friday, August 13, 2010

Aloha Everyone,
Blogging in today. I've lost a total of 26 pounds. I feel great. A lot of energy. I am mostly noticing weight loss in my shoulders, chest of course, butt, thighs, hands, feet. My feet are still trying to adjust. My poor other half has to lomi my feet everyday. I didn't realize how 26 pounds off would affect my feet. Amazing! I'm really trying hard to focus on my skin. Been very religious about moisturizing. I have worn a few dresses that i have not fit it since pre- baby. Did a really great photo shoot with a fabulous Sue Wong dress that i haven't worn since 1902. But the Mother of all dresses, that is my ultimate goal....... is a Prada dress that is on sale at Barneys New York in Waikele. I saw her from across the room. She was super tiny, black, shinny and backless. I told my publicist Adrian, there is no way i can fit in that dress. He said, try it on, it will be a positive goal. Well it was really, really, really expensive but now on sale. Marked down about 10 times.
I have this very important concert in Los Angeles coming up on Sept 1 in front of people who have never heard hawaiian music. I so want to wear this dress. I can't get the zipper up, but i will. It is so refined, sexy and over the top. Will see. It's a size 8 but European. That means its a 6 American. Wee haa.

3 comments:

  1. That's great. I myself have decided to take weight loss a bit more seriously this year than I had in the past, not sure what it is about 2010 but it's optimism and positive vibes at its best. I used to ride my bike from Pauoa to Kaimuki on a regular basis when I was 12 and 13. Moved to the mainland, I let myself go. I'm about to turn 40, and it becomes a factor of health, energy, and simply wanting to live better. I did that, and about four months ago I started to do more stationary bike. I'm now down a size, my belt buckle is at the 4th hole (which has never happened at any stage in my life), and I feel more energetic. I still have a lot more to go, but what I like is that I don't want to stop, the adrenalin rush I get feels good and I like the person I see in the mirror a bit more.

    Also as a Hawaiian, I think we all of all the stereotypes that exist, on and off the island. Out of all the stereotypes, it always leads to being overweight (and every variation that comes with the word). Yes, Hawaiians are a diverse people, but it shouldn't mean that we should limit ourselves behind that, or we should remain that way because it fits someone's assumption of what we are and/or should be.

    I also don't think we, as Hawaiians, should hold ourselves back because of what others limit us to be, or that we put faith in those assumptions. At least I think I did that for a short time, even though I'm someone who has always been "do more, learn more, be more'.

    I like how you mentioned that you will be performing to people who have never heard Hawaiian music. It's a rich music created by a rich culture filled with a community of people who inspire. By you doing this, you of course know that you continue to pass the traditions of the past into the future, and hopefully that will plant seeds into those who may only know Hawaiian music for hearing "Aloha 'Oe" in a Bugs Bunny cartoon, or an Iz song in a toy commercial.

    Anyway, much respect to you and keep up the good work in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :Ohhh BeautifuL♥ I know that you WILL meet your Goal & WILL be wearing that Sexy Black Dress By September. Heck, you're only a Zipper Pull-Up away GirLyYy! :) I'm soOo PROUD of You Amy!! God Bless you for all your hard work, LoVeLy! I wish I could see you in LA! (((BIG HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I have been on a 1200 calorie/day menu along with 2 hours of walking and see a difference. It was a challenge at first-but then you adjust. So many of my ohana died too young because of their eating habits. So I've made it my mission to live longer than them as way to honor them too. No more soda, no more eating out, and most important-eating more raw fruits and veggies.

    It helps when you can see your efforts, but if you happen not to, just remember, your fans are here to cheer you on through your journey. Good days and not so good days!

    Keep blogging!!!

    Aloha-have fun in Texas!!!

    Nalani in Texas

    ReplyDelete